The Information Technology Special Course in English (ITSCE) commenced in April 2014, and has been supported logistically by Osaka University’s Graduate School of Information Science and Technology (IST) and by the CAREN program at Osaka University.
ITSCE has been developed with the goal of nurturing students from around the world, by providing them – in English – with top-quality knowledge and research skills in information science and technology fields such as: computer science and engineering, information and physical sciences, information systems engineering, information networking, multimedia engineering, and bioinformatics.
ITSCE in Brief
- On the ITSCE course, student activity comprises of both course work and research work. Course work includes basic and advanced-level lectures as well as interactive seminars that are held in welcoming halls with modern audio/visual equipment.
- In the state-of-the-art labs, students can pursue their research work, e.g., through analysis, simulation on powerful computers, and through actual implementation on chips.
- ITSCE encompasses both Master’s (2 years) and Ph.D. studies (3 years), to be completed in sequence, so that to obtain both the master’s and doctoral degrees.
Master’s degree candidates must earn 30 credits within two years. Ph.D. degree candidates must earn 4 credits within three years, allowing them to concentrate on research.
ITSCE Research and Education
Under the guidance of dedicated advisors, ITSCE students can tackle challenging research topics in one of the many innovative research labs at IST that have contributed significantly to advancing our knowledge and developing our technology.
Departments (for more IST organization details, see the link below)
- Pure and Applied Mathematics (ITSCE not yet available in this department)
- Information and Physical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Information Systems Engineering
- Information Networking
- Multimedia Engineering
- Bioinformatic Engineering
FIND OUT MORE AT THE ITSCE WEBPAGE: http://www.ist.osaka-u.ac.jp/english/admission/itsce.html